Music Production > Sampling

Sample Synthesis

(1/3) > >>

Jimage:
Can anyone suggest some good software for producing my own samples, rather than scrounging around the web for pre-existing ones. I've been experimenting with Psycle and VSTi plugins with some interesting results, but this approach doesn't seem too sample-friendly (i.e. easily exportable to a wav/mp3 file and usable as a sample within a tracker). I've been stuck on this for a couple of years, and it's driving me insane. Any ideas?

Thankye.

Saga Musix:
You could try Sound Designer by Paul O'Nasca. It's a DOS program to create synthesized sounds, but it may also run on Windows (probably you'll need VDMSound or DOSBox Emulator).

m0d:
You can draw your own samples in Milkytracker and now in Renoise too, if that's any help.

Jimage:
Sounds Designer seems to be the sort of thing I'm after. Though it seems it'll take a lot of experimentation to get anything particularly usable out of it.

I'm also aware of the sample editor in MT, but I appreciate the suggestion.

With SD2 (running on my trusty DOS beast) and the Milky Tracker editor, I'm well equipped to make chiptunes. What I'd really like to know now is how to produce effects that can be used for more generalised electronica. For example a trance, futurepop/EBM or Euro-dance track. Percussion, bass, vamp leads, and all that other tasty ear-candy.

Cheers.

mrvegas:
I sometimes use two little programs from www.hermannseib.com -- vsthost and savihost.  Savihost, in particular is a great little standalone player for a single VSTi with an audio recorder.  You can then pull up the recording in Audacity or Wavosaur (both free) for editing.  In particular, Wavosaur lets you set loop points with cross-fades, so you can avoid clicking.

Vsthost is modular program that will let you add effects, etc.  Great free little tools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version