Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your tracker / format of choice? And why?  (Read 83032 times)

Greippi

• New User
  • Grapefruit
    • View Profile
Re: What's your tracker / format of choice? And why?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 18:19:56 »

I've started to use also MilkyTracker and NitroTracker nowadays.

MilkyTracker is pretty good for chiptunes.
Aldrin, Little Sound DJ, Milky, NitroTracker and Schism user

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 00:58:54 »

how much have you made on Nitrotracker? I'm always itching to hear more Nitro tunes. Wanna upload 'em in the Nitro Tracks & Songs forum for people to listen to? Please?!?!
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

Cool Dude Clem

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 00:53:01 »

For me it has to be Open Modplug Tracker, I started out on the standard version, witch was very easy to learn and then upgraded to OpenMPT, mainly because I can use VST instruments on it. 

So basically I like OpenMPT, because it's user friendly, I know just about all the tricks for making chip-tunes on it, it works with just about any computer (unlike those DOS trackers *cough fasttracker II*) and it can use VST's

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 10:41:58 »

Speaking of which, OpenMPT 1.17.02.54 has been released today. :D
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

HED

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 13:55:57 »

I started tracking in 1998 with Modplug Tracker. Then I stopped in 2001 because school etc.
When I got out of school in 2007 I started tracking again. I started small, with Fami Tracker. Then moved to LMMS and resolved to return to tracker mode (LMMS was a sequencer like FL Studio but freeware).
2009: madTracker but the Vst were too much for my PC and my musical skills, so I came back to the source.

Today I'm tracking with FT2 (Dosbox) and i now understand why many musicians stick to this wonderful app  :angel:

Greippi

• New User
  • Grapefruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 21:35:08 »

I started tracking in 1998 with Modplug Tracker. Then I stopped in 2001 because school etc.
When I got out of school in 2007 I started tracking again. I started small, with Fami Tracker. Then moved to LMMS and resolved to return to tracker mode (LMMS was a sequencer like FL Studio but freeware).
2009: madTracker but the Vst were too much for my PC and my musical skills, so I came back to the source.

Today I'm tracking with FT2 (Dosbox) and i now understand why many musicians stick to this wonderful app  :angel:
I use LMMS too, but it's not actually freeware but free software. There's quite a difference.

LMMS seems to be more popular than I thought!
Aldrin, Little Sound DJ, Milky, NitroTracker and Schism user

Rhythmic_mind

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 18:43:53 »

I started tracking way back when in around 1996. Digital Tracker on Atari Falcon - good ole days :D It read .mod/.xm/.it files, but it would only save in DTM format (can anyone here claim to know it? ;)). I discovered ModPlug Tracker sometime around 2000 along with switching to a PC, and have been happy with it since. I can't imagine using a different tool nowadays. I first started composing in .mod, but quickly switched to .xm, and a couple of years later to .it. It's what I'm currently using, and it feels most comfortable.

Sample Damage

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 02:21:50 »

Started out on a progam called Soundclub in 96, it was a simple side scrolling Mod tracker
quickly moved to FASTTRACKER after seeing/hearing the possibilty's with .xm

i have tried others since, IT, Milky, used Renoise on a few, Skale, Modpug \ loads of others

These days i just use FT2 2.08 running on a Win98 PII with 256mb of ram using a Soundblaster
.....when the macine dies, i just build another out of scrap  :P at zero cost!
nothing else really does it for me, FT2 fits like a glove, has a bit of grit, its great!

wouldn't mind sourcing a awe64/gold for it ethier, i have fond memories of that card  ;D

CommanderKeen

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 10:58:21 »

I started out in Scream Tracker, then moved to Impulse Tracker and now I use Schism Tracker. I guess once you are used to an interface you just want to stick to it.

skope

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 23:51:07 »

Protracker 3.62 is the one I logged the most amount of hours in and there's really no other tracker that gets me in the zone workflow-wise quicker than it does. However I've started to grow real fond of XM and Milkytracker lately, even though I often curse over my hands doing PT-things all the time. Also Milkytracker looks really nice. It looks like candy with all the colorful digits and letters in the pattern. (:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up