Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guerilla Bell's Songs  (Read 40538 times)

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
Re: MatriM3's Songs
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 03:58:19 »

HUGE UPDATE WITH PLANS FOR MY SUMMER PROJECTS:

• Have started work on a new project. It's called "The Influenza Series" (will change name soon) that will go through every "strain" of influenza (H1N1-->H16N1, H1N2-->H16N2, H1N3-->H16N3, etc.) This will be an ongoing project. So far, I'm planning for "N1" to be mainly, if not only drum samples. Other than that, I will think up what I plan to do as I go. "N1" should be done by the end of the summer.
  • I have asked for the director's score for a concert band song "Abram's Pursuit." This song is really intricate and layered, and I think it sounds really awesome. So, I've decided that I'm going to try to tackle the song. The only problem is the depth of the song, so I have chosen to track each section of the band as a different module each, translate the individual modules into mp3, then merge those mp3s and fiddle around with the stereo settings in the process, creating a final song in mp3 form. Each instrument will have a different sample sounding somewhat like the original horn or different depending on what I think sounds better. All the music will be transposed to the key of C (or concert key) so that all chords and notes work together. This will be a massive undertaking, but I hope that I will have this song completed by the end of the summer/the middle of fall. Wish me luck!
  • Work on "Secret EP" is ongoing, and I am nearing the end of it. It will probably be just three songs with really short finale being the closing fourth song. Hopefully this will be done by the end of May and released in mp3 form around then as well.
  • I have also started a new song titled "Atmosphere," and I might or might not continue work on that. Hopefully I will, seeing as it will be my first atmospheric/ambient work.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:10:03 by MatrixMaster3 »
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 03:19:51 »

UPDATE:

NOTE: All other projects are still being worked on!

• "The Influenza Series" is now know as "Sickness in Science." I have only started work on one new song, because of end of school madness and summer slowness. The first song (H1N1) is about 15-20 seconds long, because I have to make 16 songs per album. These songs will be short, so hopefully, once I get past this "only percussion" album (N1) I can start making some neat, short tunes! Also, this has been turned into a side project as a result of this next project.
  • MISC: I have decided (as inspired by the 8bitcollective competition) to make 1 song per day during the month of July (or at least I will try to keep up with that schedule). I will be making songs (or trying to make them) up until the beginning of July in preparation, because I have fallen out of the practice of tracking. Look out for the finished versions of Secret EP and "Atmosphere." The latter has been finished. It is short and I mean really, REALLY short. I have decided to just loop the last two of a total of seven consecutive patterns. I will post that soon.

-------------

So, just to recap, I have these project lined up for completion by the end of the summer:

• Post/Work on "Atmosphere"
  • Finish up and post Secret EP in both XM and mp3 format
  • Make 1 song per day during the entirety of the month of July and post the results daily
  • Start and finish each component of "Abram's Pursuit," sompile them, mix them properly, and post the finished project here
  • Complete N1 (hopefully)

A final request:

If anyone actually reads these, could you PM me or post here, so that I know if should even keep on posting these updates?

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 19:16:46 »

Okay, since no one actually looks at these, I will just post to remind myself of what I have to do.

UPDATE:

My 30 day challenge (one song per day) is coming up. If you want to partcipate, then just PM me. I will be setting up a thread to post my work, but I can also post your songs if you want to submit them.

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
Re: Guerilla Bell's Songs
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 22:45:16 »

It's been over one year since I last posted here on my musical endeavours. To an audience of about one person, I finally return. When I get my hard drive with everything on it finally fixed, I will be making a few SoundCloud profiles to post up my MatriM3 work, my approx single "City," and, finally, my future Guerrilla Bell work. This means I won't be posting here as often as when I was making music in the past. I'll probably post when I put out a new ablum or something, but I WILL post in the future. Until then...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up