Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vox  (Read 7490 times)

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Vox
« on: August 15, 2009, 02:18:34 »

Now is the time!

I've been planning to post here for a long time so let's see what I have written down in this here note:

Quote from: "busy" raina
Ok, I'm finally going to write this. Should have done it months ago, when I got my MacBook. I went ahead looking for an audio player for OS X well before getting my hands on the hardware knowing iTunes just would not work for me. Used to the format support, compact GUI, no-nonsense approach and accurate module playback of XMPlay, I was basically looking for, well a Mac OS XMPlay of sorts.

When rebuilding the MilkyTracker website and looking for things to link, I found Tool Player, which basically was the ticket, being based on BASS. So I happily linked it and was done. Then, later, when I actually needed it myself Tool Player seemed to have vanished, but I soon found out it had just been renamed to Vox. Phew.

So, there you have it, in case you already didn't know: Vox @ http://voxapp.net/. While all the features and options of XMPlay are not (yet?) there, the playback is as excellent and it also plays a variety of audio stream formats Apple isn't inclined to support. All in all, the number one OS X audio player, in this household at least. And I hear the developer is planning to take things multi-platform in the future, so be on the lookout for that. There's also a forum and a Last.fm group for Vox users. See you there!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:23:37 by raina »
Pages: [1]   Go Up