Music Production > Sampling

WaveWorld 1.3GB of samples for free

(1/5) > >>

m0d:
An old part of the site, WaveWorld, was dismantled in 2003 and to keep the samples that were on it available, we put them up on our torrent tracker to assist in the bandwidth sharing (my main goal at the time was to reduce costs and focus on keeping the ultimately important part of The Mod Archive alive - the modules).

1.3GB of MP3 and WAV encoded files.

So, if you haven't grabbed it already, it's a fairly messy affair but you can sort out the samples yourself anyway:

WaveWorld Torrent

Now also available as a regular HTTP download! http://modarchive.org/forums/index.php?topic=3527.0

Saga Musix:
I thought it's worth mentioning that the MP3 samples are the same as the WAV samples, so if you want to go for ultimate quality, simply ignore the MP3 directory. :)
And apart from that, I really love the WaveWorld collection, it has many good samples which I used in many tunes. They're pretty raw, so there's a lot of possibilities to spice them up so they fit your own style or demands.

raina:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on August 29, 2009, 12:54:48 ---I thought it's worth mentioning that the MP3 samples are the same as the WAV samples, so if you want to go for ultimate quality, simply ignore the MP3 directory. :)
--- End quote ---
I just have to add that if you're a kind and considerate person, you'll do the ignoring by deleting the MP3 directory after downloading, not by excluding it in the beginning. That way you're seeding the whole torrent and benefiting people who want the mp3s.

Saga Musix:
well, i have an unzipped working copy with all wav files and the original MP3/WAV mix for seeding, that's even better for seeding :)

raina:
Sure, but not every downloader is a TMA fanatic like you. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version