Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NT freezes when trying to save a song with more than a few patterns  (Read 12445 times)

mikedpw

• New User
    • View Profile

I have NT on both a supercard lite and an Acekard 2i.  Both are giving me the same problem.  Saving works fine so long as I don't have more than, say, four or so patterns.  If I go beyond that and try to save I just get stuck on the "please wait" screen forever.  This must not be happening to other people as the sample songs on the nitrotracker page are clearly much longer than a few patterns.  Yet the exact same problem occurs on both my DSlite/supercard lite and my DSi/Acekard 2i.  Its a huge disappointment as nitrotracker is otherwise an amazing program and by far the best on the DS.  It just isn't much use to me though if I'm trying to compose a song but can't have more than a couple patterns.  

Why is this same problem happening ot me on two completely different homebrew cards and DSs when it is apparently not happening to other people?

mikedpw

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: NT freezes when trying to save a song with more than a few patterns
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:24:15 »

I want to apologize for wasting this forum space and admit to being a fool.  It turns out the problem was never happening on my acekard to begin with - and it WAS happening whenever I saved on the supercard regardless of the size of the song. 

See, I had the acekard for awhile before I ever got my supercard.

What happened was I made some stuff on the acekard, saved it, then after I got my supercard  I opened the songs on there, added to them, then tried to save again and got the freeze.  I assumed this was happening because I had tried to add to the song.  I never experimented fully to see if this was really the problem - I just assumed that meant nitrotracker was mostly useless and stopped using it. 

Turns out its a problem with the dldi patcher for the supercard lite.  I had to use the supercard rumble miniSD patch instead, and now nitrotracker saves just fine on the supercard too.  I can't express how glad I am that I found this out.   I only wish I'd figured it out before i spent $15 on the mostly inferior korg ds-10.  Its a nice little program, and it does have some complex synth controls that nitrotracker doesn't have but. . . only 16 tracks?  seriously?  And you can't even mute tracks in pattern instances in the song. . . by that I mean if you want to have an instrument start playing in your song, then after a few measures have another instrument come in while the first instrument is still playing the same thing, then have a bass drum beat come in after that, then add the snare/hat/whatever over the top of that. . . that's 4 of your 16 patterns right there.  And you only get two pitch instruments!  That is unless you tweak some stuff and sacrifice some of your drum tracks to turn them into instruments. 

What I'm saying is Korg DS-10, while still very cool and a neat little game - just isn't going to cut it as a real on-the-go music composition tool.  Nitrotracker DOES cut it, and now that I can actually save what I do in here I don't need to bother with that silly Korg DS-10 game cartridge anymore. 

Sorry again for posting before really looking into what was going on.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:14:06 »

This is always good to document. You never know, you might end up helping someone else with the same problem and saving them some grief. Good job at documenting your experiences :)
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

0xtob

• NitroTracker Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 14:12:57 »

Hey, glad you got it sorted :-)

I only wish I'd figured it out before i spent $15 on the mostly inferior korg ds-10.
Heehee ^^

zoikkis

• New User
    • View Profile

No need to port this
Pages: [1]   Go Up