Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Responsiveness problem  (Read 7084 times)

kontaktproblem

• New User
    • View Profile
Responsiveness problem
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:55:53 »

Hello,

I have a problem where, when I load a certain module, the interface becomes completely unresponsive to both mouse and keyboard input.

The interface is not freezing though, the module plays fine and I can see the playback patterns and meters being updated as normal. It's very weird. The only way to stop the program is to send a SIGTERM with kill(1).

The module that causes the problem can be downloaded here on Orgasmod. For the record, I use ArchLinux on x86_64, I use the ALSA sound interface (although the problem happens with SDLaudio as well) with a period of 1024 samples. I also use xmonad and the MT window is set to my resolution (but not in fullscreen mode, although fullscreen mode doesn't solve the problem either). Also, sometimes, but not always, I see lots of "ALSA: Invalid buffer size: 0 (should be 1024), skipping.." printed on my terminal.

Thanks for your help!

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Responsiveness problem
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 20:21:21 »

Just tested this module on the Windows port of 0.90.85, no indications of any problems.

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:04:05 »

Here on the current Ubuntu with the current MilkyTracker from the Repositories, it just work's fine. Well, i'm using IceWM and not the ****** Unity Desktop of Ubuntu.

Maybe it's a Window-Manager-related Problem? (Sometimes i had Problems with an other MusicTool (LMMS) on IceWM in the Past, but on Gnome it worked just fine) Or it has to do with compiling it for Arch Linux? Sorry, i'm not a big Help here  :-\ .

Greetings,
Ingo

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 23:15:42 »

I'm experiencing this problem when using the SDL version on OSX Mavericks (there were no issues with Snow Leopard).  Weird.

There's an SDL2 port in the works, hopefully that will solve this.

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 13:38:26 »

Fixed in commit c461d1fc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up