Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not a MIDI conversion  (Read 7204 times)

lu9

• New User
    • View Profile
Not a MIDI conversion
« on: August 09, 2014, 18:35:38 »

I would like to report here that I submitted a file once, and it got declined due to it being a "MIDI conversion", that isn't true because the file was from a game, I just found the module files inside and decided to upload them. (Also there is another one on the queue right now.) Ironically, a module I have actually converted from a MIDI file was accepted in the archive. What is going on.
Also if you really need proof that this is not a conversion I can show you the game music uploaded on YouTube. (Unless the actual authors of the modules did convert from MIDI, lol)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 18:59:29 by lu9 »

ncovert

Re: Not a MIDI conversion
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:48:23 »

That's very odd. The MIDI conversion that was accepted onto the archive, what format was it converted to and what tool did you use?

lu9

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 19:08:22 »

That's very odd. The MIDI conversion that was accepted onto the archive, what format was it converted to and what tool did you use?
.it format, and I used OpenMPT...
(I have sequenced the MIDI myself though)
also, I uploaded all the music files from the game here...

ncovert

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 23:07:50 »

Hmm. OpenMPT's MIDI conversions are instantly recognizable, so why it got accepted and the non-MIDI was "rejected" is still a mystery. I say "screeners" who have no clue what they're doing. The actions "screeners" take is supposedly recorded, so it's possible TMA can track down who "rejected" it.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:25 »

Sorry for the delay. Yes, sometimes it's hard to find out which conversions are automated and which are not, but to be honest, the file you uploaded looked like a typical automated conversion. Of course it's not necessarily converted from MIDI, so don't mind the precise wording. For instance, it was tracked at an unusally high tempo while there was actually no need for such high detail in the patterns.
However, as you even admit, you sequenced the MIDI, so why even make a module out of it if it was a MIDI file to begin with?
And the other way around, it's not possible to detect every automated conversion, but we don't delete modules from the archive after they have been added, even if they turn out to be crap or automated conversions.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up