Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey guys, guess what!?  (Read 5050 times)

BadLiZ

• New User
    • View Profile
Hey guys, guess what!?
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:07:15 »

BadLiZ here!

Did you guys know that makers of Roblox were using my song "The Great Strategy" http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=39717 in their game as a trailer song and people started to call it as "Roblox Theme Song 2006" or something like that(search youtube).

It's been almost 10 years and I had no idea, I was in army back then so I can't remember if they asked a permission for using that song in it.

Should I be angry or happy about it but one thing is for sure, they didn't credit my name in it and people started calling it just "made by Roblox". Anyways guys, I made a remake of that "fantastic" piece, a 2015 version of "The Great Strategy 2", still work-in-progress but you can tell me how it sounds :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/817678/LANDR-bz_pif1j.mp3

Sincerely,

BadLiZ

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: Hey guys, guess what!?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 08:33:16 »

Same happened to me btw with Roblox.
DCMA it or accept your fate and scream at the kids who uploaded it to the contend DB. Not much to do sadly.

My track got eated 254 million times before it was de-listed
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

2GX

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 21:52:20 »

it's the right option to dmca it if you don't want your music to be used without permission, but the trailer that used the track has been on youtube for the past several years, not sure why people claim it as the "theme song"; but it is a good option to dmca because there was no discussion about using the track with permission (to the TGS track.)

Viraxor

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 06:43:44 »

I had my song used in a Roblox game, heard it while my sister was playing some random game over there. I also heard a clip of The Megatune and some tunes by K. Jose (but these are CC0 so it's fine).
Pages: [1]   Go Up