Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Designer help  (Read 5008 times)

katShell

• New User
    • View Profile
Sound Designer help
« on: June 14, 2018, 18:07:04 »

Hi! I'm using OpenBSD, and since there aren't any digital synths ported to it, I was really glad that I could use Sound Designer and Paul's Sound Designer on DOSBox.

However, I have only found a download link for Paul's Sound Designer, and I would really like to try plain Sound Designer. If you know where to download it from, would you please leave me the link?  ;D

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 18:09:16 by katShell »

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Sound Designer help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 11:47:37 »

I don't think I understand your question. There is no "plain" Sound Designer that Paul's Sound Designer would be a clone of, if that's what you think.

Anyway, your initial assertion is wrong, there are other modern alternatives on OpenBSD as well: Paul O'Nasca is also the author of zynaddsubfx, which is a very advanced synthesizer, much more powerful than his old Sound Designer.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Nikku4211

• Rising Star
  • Also known as Nikku4212
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 23:30:32 »

There is no "plain" Sound Designer that Paul's Sound Designer would be a clone of, if that's what you think.

Yes there is.

Sound Designer
This is one of my first sample synthesizers.
Although both Sound Designers are his.
In the same page...

Paul's Sound Designer
This sample synthesizer was a more complex than Sound Designer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 23:32:41 by nikku4211 »

katShell

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 07:29:33 »

Anyway, your initial assertion is wrong, there are other modern alternatives on OpenBSD as well: Paul O'Nasca is also the author of zynaddsubfx, which is a very advanced synthesizer, much more powerful than his old Sound Designer.

In OpenBSD 6.3, zynaddsubfx is neither in the ports tree nor in the binary repositories.

The whole thread is being about correcting what you said. Please inform yourself better before helping, and don't just pressume ignorance. I only asked for a single link.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 16:01:25 by katShell »

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 22:00:06 »

In OpenBSD 6.3, zynaddsubfx is neither in the ports tree nor in the binary repositories.
Quoting right from the source code repository: "ZynAddSubFX is a fully featured musical software synthesizer for Linux, MacOS, BSD, and Windows."
So yes, there might not be any official packages for your package manager, but you can compile it yourself.
Maybe next time don't go ad-hominem at people when they don't entirely know what you are after and just want to help out by offering a solution that you can run natively on your operating system without DOSBox, even inside a modern DAW if you wish to do so. That's not being ignorant. Once again, I was not entirely sure if you assumed that SD2 would be a copy of another program, because that's what your sentence sounded like to me. It isn't, it's just an evolution of an earlier program Paul wrote, which basically does the same, just with less features.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 22:03:04 by Saga Musix »
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up