Community > Website News Archive

Site restored to working!

(1/2) > >>

m0d:
:breakpage:
:breakhead:
*breathe*

Site works again. Data center are hands-on looking into why their switch is messing with the server's MAC address and making it fail to recover after a power outage.

I repaired the database which was corrupted by the outage.

My hands hurt but you're worth it.

I had also had a road crash so my spine and head isn't too good right now.

This is more or less a good bye from me as I have handed over everything to Saga;

I have revoked my paypal address so any further donations won't work until he has his set up;

The server is secured for another billing cycle - I will be paying the bill in advance to ensure continuity - according to the data center; this will be fine.

Your mothers slippers is not an insult; its the holy ground upon which she walked. Blessed ground. In dedication to my mom; modarchive.org was here and mine for a while.

*tears*

I still love everyone; but nobody loves me except for my beautiful life partner Ilona who has watched this site rip me to shreads; it is about time. So long and thanks for being the best oldskool party on the planet.

- m0d aka Red-Ruby and I have had many many many aliases.

:breakhead:
:breakpage:

modulemaker:
Hello,

I don't want to startle anyone but, I'm investigating what happened to the server as I suspect it may have been a cyber attack. Would your data center need help or be able to provide information to their findings? thanks.

Also, I'd like to thank you Red-Ruby for all your efforts on this site/module scene and I hope it can continue as smoothly without you. Rest assured there are more loving hearts out there than you may suspect ;-) tears are part of life and required for our growth, good bye friend, consider returning when you are ready. :-) All pain, physical or otherwise, eventually subside.

Once again, thank you.

Ceekayed:
<3

getkey:
Farewell and thanks! You've left your mark on the demoscene.
I wish you all the best and to do whatever you need to do with your life! <3

skyscape:
Hey Greg, thanks for keeping this thing ticking for so long. I drop by every now and then and make sure everything is still here! You did a fantastic job keeping this site running for many years and fostering such a great community. Sounds like the reins have been handed over - glad the modarchive's legacy can live on! Hope you make a speedy recovery too. - Your ol' pal, Libris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version