Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New notes cancelling previous note fadeout (Help!)  (Read 3538 times)

Drummertak

• New User
    • View Profile
New notes cancelling previous note fadeout (Help!)
« on: September 12, 2017, 21:29:54 »

Hey Everyone, very new to using Milkytracker and I'm hitting an issue that is probably easy to fix.

Ive been following a youtube tutorial so I can get the basics down and in Instrument edit when I play one note (lets say C4 and follow it up with the octave C5) the new note is cancelling out the old ones fadeout. How can I make it so that the previous note finishes its fadeout instead of being overridden?

For reference I'm looking for it to work like it does here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4AdKhNK02g 12:38

Thanks!

Drummertak

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: New notes cancelling previous note fadeout (Help!)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:43:20 »

Nevermind! Some user error (derp). For some reason having some throw away headphones plugged in was making the playback not work properly. Not sure why that would be but it works now.

izmozero

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: New notes cancelling previous note fadeout (Help!)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:30:39 »

i doubt the headphones had anything to do with it
if you have the notes in the same row, they will cancel out
what you can do is have them in separate rows and have note cutoffs (in my milkytracker it's the ` next to the number 1 above tab)
Pages: [1]   Go Up