Music Production > Sampling

Tracker Music Starts - ASIKPack Vol. 1

<< < (2/3) > >>

clop:

--- Quote from: Yomaru_Kasuga on November 13, 2018, 00:16:24 ---You're welcome, Jojo.
For me, I have a lots of samples in my library instead of sample files inside the ZIP archive, names as a brands.

So, these are the samples or instruments as a brands such as:
* Korg M1
* Korg Trinity
* Roland JD-990
* Roland SC-55
* Roland SC-88
* Yamaha DX7

--- End quote ---
ah yes the classic yomaru sample pack

Saga Musix:

--- Quote from: ASIKWUSpulse on November 13, 2018, 00:43:02 ---Oh yeah the bug that makes envelope-released samples of instrument with release node that doesn't-cut-samples-on-new-note still following the volume envelope on new note for a moment? (Idkh to express it in short words, nightmare sentence :o )
I've noticed in some earlier version of OpenMPT that the behavior of the release-node was changed, making some instruments using that in a specific way sound hilaroius XD. Maybe that was when it appeared?

--- End quote ---
I guess we are talking about two different bugs here:
1) The release node behaviour was made more logical in OpenMPT 1.28 (currently available for testing) so that it always continues at the same volume when key-off is reached. I guess this is the "hilarious" part you are referring to.
2) The real bug here is that release nodes are not supposed to be usable in IT and XM files at all, and while I did add code to remove them when loading ITI and XI files, this code was executed too early, before the release node was even read from the file.

ASIKWUSpulse:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on November 13, 2018, 20:45:11 ---1) The release node behaviour was made more logical in OpenMPT 1.28 (currently available for testing) so that it always continues at the same volume when key-off is reached. I guess this is the "hilarious" part you are referring to.

--- End quote ---
In 2014, I jacked the fixed behavior release-node, which of course shouldn't be possible, that made me able to create unsustained instruments with release-node

You know how envelopes works with or without release-node.
Well, I don't remember which version of OpenMPT it was, but I did it like this:

1. First you create the Attack-Decay part. This will be like any other curve

2. Then you create the sustain-node at zero with sustain-loop enabled

3. After that, you would make a "skip-node" behind the sustain, also at zero - which is 1 of the 2 factors that make up the bug

4. Lastly, you create the release-curve

I think that the skip-node created enough time-space for the curve to make an miscount in volume offset, so the value of the release-curve became relative to where you was in the AD-curve.

After this was fixed, the value became absolute, no matter of how the curve was constructed. I'd already at the time created modules with instruments making use of this bug; I know it changed the sound in one of those modules, though it didn't make it worse, but that ridicoulus jump-to-full-volume release made it better in a way, which is what I thought was hilarious.

I've though started using Fade-Out as a more release to unsustained instruments nowadays, as it should be ;D.

Saga Musix:

--- Quote ---I think that the skip-node created enough time-space for the curve to make an miscount in volume offset, so the value of the release-curve became relative to where you was in the AD-curve.
--- End quote ---
That's not it, the volume offset was just always calculated in a very hard to understand way (so hard that I couldn't explain off the top of my head how it worked ;D) - I have made it more logical in OpenMPT 1.28 now.

ASIKWUSpulse:
Dug around in my old module map from 2013. It was futher back than I'd remember.

It worked when I used version 1.22

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version