Music Production > PC Players

PPPlay 0.1.3 released, testers needed

(1/3) > >>

Sto:
I know it's a bad habit to open two threads for one topic, and I have thought about it some time, but it's the only way I see here to get some attention and feedback (sorry, mods!). After more than a year of work, and nearly a complete re-write of all the code, I finally managed to get version 0.1.3 of PPPlay ready. The (incomplete) list of changes since my last announcement are:

* S3M and XM code re-write, much more compliant to the original players' behaviour.
* Also plays MOD files now.
* New input format: HSC, based on a completely new OPL emulator code with very high accuracy.
* New application: IMFPlay, a player for IMF files, will be integrated into the main program in the next release.
* Besides the old MP3 output format, additionally OGG and WAV are also available.
* Selection of sample interpolation: none, linear and cubic.
* Finally compilable on Windows.
* Many, many bugs fixed.
You can grab the sources here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/peepeeplayer/files/releases/
Windows x64 binaries are available.

Also, I hope to get S3M Adlib sample handling ready for the next release. This release is meant to be a small feature-freeze, before I start something new that would introduce new bugs. So please test it if you can; a disadvantage is that the code currently only compiles with GCC 4.8, this is because I'm using many of the new C++11 features that aren't available in lower versions (don't use MSVC2012 either, it doesn't work).

Thanks in advance.

LigH:
A cutie, nice retro style (DOS font in Windows GUI). Plays the few modules I tested without big surprises. Unfortunately, the announced "original players' behaviour" was not what I hoped for (ignores offset zero like all modern players).

Sto:
Unfortunately, you probably used a very old version where I blatantly thought it were better than it actually was. There have been a lot of changes and fixes in the last 5 years. If you're adventurous, you may try to compile a more up-to-date version yourself: https://github.com/stohrendorf/ppplay

Let me see if I can build a more recent windows version, I used it on linux only for ages.

LigH:
I have an MSYS2/MinGW setup (media-autobuild_suite), I will try if it passes GCC 7.3 (MinGW32) or 8.2 (MinGW64).

Sto:
Hm... I must admit that the build system is quite bad, and that it requires a lot of manual effort to actually get ppplay to start, ignoring the fact that it doesn't produce any sound for me. I'm currently a bit scared of myself and the brainfarts I had when working on the build system :o

The best thing I can currently advise is that you grab a linux machine somewhere and do a local install; or you wait until I find time to fix it, which can take weeks, because it seems I'm still the only "real" user, and I'm only using it on linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version