Music Production > PC Players

NfmM MOD Player

(1/3) > >>

DragShot:
Hello everybody. My name is Dany, 18 years old. I'm from Lima, Peru; and one of the things I like to do is to develop software. I've created some apps so far and I'm getting more skilled in Java.

Meanwhile, as I noticed there is a software section in this forum, I just wanted to post my own application. It's a ProTracker/FastTracker/ModPlugTracker module (.mod) desktop player made for JavaSE 1.7 (aka Java 7).

Specifically speaking about it, it's a dedicated player made for use in conjunction with a online car game called Need for Madness, which uses this module format for its soundtracks. Actually, many people got to know this site due to the creator's advice of looking for some good soundtracks in ModArchive.

Have a little screenshot of the version 2.1 being developed:

Current features:
- Local .mod files and zipped mod files support, using the game's engine called ModSlayer (which I couldn't find anywhere, so I assume it was made by the same guy who developed such game, I should ask him about it anyway).
- Playlists: playback, saving, loading, creation of new playlists using online search in the servers of Need for Madness.
- Tailor-made swing components for the GUI.
- Self-updateable.

Under development:
- Rise the time limit per track from 6:45 to 8:00 minutes (or a bit more).
- Optimization of controls (mainly redirecting controls to the output mixer instead of the audio clip, to get an actual control over the volume instead of just adjusting the gain).
- Integration of the HiFi Look&Feel, available in the jTattoo skins package (what you can see in this preview).
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.

More info & download: http://dragshot.webcindario.com/software/modplayer.php

By the way, does somebody here know where I can know more about the internal bytecode in .mod files? I want to extend the engine being used in the player for stuff like adding compatibility with more effects, fixing some sampling issues and so, because this engine is really great at rendering the audio data but it's not perfect reading samples and certain effects.

Saga Musix:

--- Quote from: DragShot on December 13, 2013, 03:39:36 ---- Rise the time limit per track from 6:45 to 8:00 minutes (or a bit more).
--- End quote ---
Why limit it at all? There are mods well over the 10 minutes barrier.

--- Quote from: DragShot on December 13, 2013, 03:39:36 ---By the way, does somebody here know where I can know more about the internal bytecode in .mod files? I want to extend the engine being used in the player for stuff like adding compatibility with more effects, fixing some sampling issues and so, because this engine is really great at rendering the audio data but it's not perfect reading samples and certain effects.

--- End quote ---
Check e.g. the famous modfil11.txt or other documentation available at ModLand, though I didn't read through those documents, so cannot comment on their accuracy (which is a big problem with many documents about module formats).

arist9912:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on December 13, 2013, 09:44:07 ---Why limit it at all? There are mods well over the 10 minutes barrier.
Check e.g. the famous modfil11.txt or other documentation available at ModLand, though I didn't read through those documents, so cannot comment on their accuracy (which is a big problem with many documents about module formats).

--- End quote ---

Or try to examine the code of IBXM(a mod player, plays MOD, S3M and XM; the sourcecode is included in the jar file)

IBXM: http://code.google.com/p/micromod/downloads/list

For the playback time limit, in the ModArchive there are modules with 1 hour lenght
try: http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=157663

DragShot:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on December 13, 2013, 09:44:07 ---Why limit it at all? There are mods well over the 10 minutes barrier.
--- End quote ---

The engine I use renders the song into an array of bytes. I've noticed this limited the time per song to 6:45, and some .mod songs I've listened reached 7:30. I'm trying to see how much I can extend such limit, seeing how does this affect the heap memory required and stuff (although I don't think it should be a lot).

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on December 13, 2013, 09:44:07 ---Check e.g. the famous modfil11.txt or other documentation available at ModLand, though I didn't read through those documents, so cannot comment on their accuracy (which is a big problem with many documents about module formats).

--- End quote ---

Thank you :D , it has exactly what I wanted to read.

--- Quote from: arist9912 on December 13, 2013, 16:57:28 ---Or try to examine the code of IBXM(a mod player, plays MOD, S3M and XM; the sourcecode is included in the jar file)

IBXM: http://code.google.com/p/micromod/downloads/list
--- End quote ---

I'm trying luck with 2 engines, one of them resulted being way too confusing xD , but the other is more organized, so I can read its sources. I'll add this one too, thank you.

--- Quote from: arist9912 on December 13, 2013, 16:57:28 ---For the playback time limit, in the ModArchive there are modules with 1 hour lenght
try: http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=157663
--- End quote ---

I'll have that in count, but... you know, that isn't exactly a .mod file.

PS: "Wants more pie"? LOL, I love these ranks xD!

DragShot:
I've released a new version of the player. It comes with the new Look&Feel and also with support for 6 new effects: Bxx (position jump), E6 (row loop), E9 (note retrigger), EA (fine volume slide up), EB (fine volume slide down) and EC (note cut). I've raised the buffer size as much as I could without overloading the heap space to can render longer tracks.

Here it is a preview:

Now it shows the module format and the number of channels, plus some effects which aren't supported by the original engine it came from to warn the users about possible differences in playback between this player and the game.

To update the player from the version 2.0, go to Info > Check for updates and when it shows the details about the new version, accept the download. The new version should be downloaded and installed automatically, restarting the player and opening the new version. It also can be downloaded from the website: http://dragshot.webcindario.com/software/modplayer.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version