Community > Project / Coder's Corner

Zone 66 music conversion help

<< < (4/4)

Malvineous:
Here's what I've found, the list is in chronological order starting with the earliest:

The Sound Barrier: Too old
Composer 669: N/A
RQ Demo 0: Not checked, screenshot suggests music is a ripped .mod
Black Glass: Uses an early incompatible version of CDFM
Yet Another Renaissance Demo: Uses same early version of CDFM
Black Glass 2: Two CDFM songs, included in link below
Amnesia Music Player: N/A
Amnesia: Files already posted
Renaissance 93: No music
Daretro: One SB CDFM song, included below.  Also has a GUS song but the samples aren't stored with it like in Zone 66.  Maybe it shares the SB samples?  The length fields for each sample are certainly similar.
Muzik File: Three SB CDFM songs, included below. (I recognise some of the samples in these songs from the Zone 66 music)
DoWhackaDo (with SPD): .exe is compressed, can't find any songs in DOSBox memory dump
Multitracker Module Editor: N/A
nothing on: Music files seem to be in a variant of .mtm, ModPlug accepts them but doesn't play them properly
Epidemic (with iCE): Music files are all .s3m, any ripper can extract these

Here are the original CDFM songs plus conversions to S3M: renaissance-cdfm.zip

If anyone is interested I have starting writing a ripping utility as I couldn't find a good one that works under Linux, and I miss the old "Ripper 5" from my DOS days.  It's nowhere near as functional as Ripper 5 was, however it does support ripping CDFM files :-)  In a homage to Ripper 5, I have called it Ripper6 and the code is up on github.

Saga Musix:
Great job! :)

Jay:
Cool, nice work! Yeah Ripper5 was amazing, I still use it. It's in the system path on my DOS machine for quick rippery. 8) A version for modern Linux systems would be boss, following this with interest!

DoWhackaDo was an ordinary 4 channel mod (it's this one), which I suspect was made on PC as it's not quite Protracker/Amiga compatible (some notes are out of range for Paula, etc.) I made a 'fixed' version that plays nice with Hoffman's PT-1210 dj app, but that's getting off topic...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version