Community > The Lobby

Someone converted one of my tracks to mp3 and uploaded it!

(1/2) > >>

jobro:
Recently I was searching on Google for an article I wrote a while back when I suddenly noticed one of my tracked tracks where converted to mp3 and uploaded to yourfilehost.com. Here is the link.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=211___johan_brodd___forever_blue____www.Mp3Web.org_.mp3

The problem is that I haven't given any written nore outspoken permissions to do this. I've reported the track abuse to the admin, but nothing has happened so far.

So this goes out to you who uploaded this track. Remove it as soon as you see this. The track is copyrighted and registered to STIM in Sweden (similar as RIAA in the USA). I'm going to go further if this track is NOT REMOVED!

m0d:
Hi Jobro

Can you explain who you are aiming your post at? Is The Mod Archive? or is it at the person who made the MP3? As this post is actually "threatening" (which you are within your rights but only at the appropriate places, not here) I need to know how TMA is involved.

I have found the file on TMA but it has been in the public domain for over 9 years now (check ftp.modland.com)  That does not mean you don't have copyright but it does mean that you cannot unspread it. But you should be concerned about people distributing an MP3 - that's not how you released it therefore it is something which those people at yourhosting.com should take care of.

Saga Musix:
Also, I know cases when people are not able to play modules on their computer or if someone is not able to find a working link for the module version, so he uploads an mp3 copy of it (which is nothing wrong IMHO). of course, those people should not spread these files...

jobro:
I'm not aiming at modarchive. I'm aiming at the person who downloaded the song either from here or from another place where I have my modules uploaded to. No harm directed at ModArchive. All harm directed at the user who took the liberty to convert the song to mp3 and uploaded it to yourfilehost.com.

m0d:
Hi Jobro, I totally understand. I've been a victim of this sort of thing as well, although it goes more along the lines of my mp3s which are freely downloadable being sold on a Russian website under the false statement that all artist on their site get royalties. Well, i don't and it's stupid that they are duping people into buying something which is already "freely" available.

I hope you get to the bottom of your problem. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version