Music Production > Tracking

Protrekkr 2.6.2 Win32 RECENT & 2.5 Multi-Platform 'Modernized' Noisetrekker2!!

<< < (2/2)

TalkOrBell:
Well, Good News as the oldschooldaw site is BACK ONLINE!...

Looks like downloads on the Protrekkr page have had an uptick as well probably from procrastinators finally downloading 'before it disappears again....'

theorize:

--- Quote from: TalkOrBell on November 15, 2022, 20:57:47 ---Sorry I wasn't here for your reply...Weird times these days...I guess for me the routing of the synth not too important as i just use for 'filling gaps'...And as far as reverb I'd have to agree but all Trackers got some drawback...In Protrekkr I use more delay & less reverb usually. The cool part is the 2 303s still in there...

Here is WIP just uploaded that I had on Oldschooldaw that uses both 303s & synth-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-waning/the-world-is-czars-5th-iteration

I had that up on Oldschooldaw as well as at least 1,400 Instruments i shared on there but Oldschooldaw is GONE!...DONE!...So all my uploads there are vanished...

Once I find out where to park instruments again I will notify here & elsewhere in meantime if anyone needs instruments let me know I have made well over 4,000 now...

--- End quote ---

You're right about every tracker having it's drawbacks. I should give it a spin for old times sake. I don't care about the synth routing that much anymore, I'd use it like a sample based synth most of the time anyway, and it's still good for quite a bit of sounds. Some padsynth samples and singe cycles should be pretty fun. The 303 would be a must. Favorite part of that tracker is the way it keeps sampled instruments seperate from the synth so that several synth patches can access the same sample if you want. I remember it having some really cool filter options too like ringmod and such which could be automated.

TalkOrBell:
Yeah, And most everything that has a slider can be automated in realtime whilst the pattern runs...

I also like the AXS-Like smart patterns function...

Not too complex so you can 'get going' rather than being bogged down by complexity...

Then also render out each track & then master it all out & use FX at THAT stage if needed so who cares about no VST support within or bad reverb when you can apply that workflow....

BTW...You gotta be signed up at oldschooldaw to see or DL attachments if I had not mentioned already...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version