Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed F00?  (Read 4520 times)

the-486-kid

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.the486kid.com
Speed F00?
« on: December 18, 2007, 12:10:40 »

Milky behaves differently with the effect F00 (Spd 00) command;

In fast tracker when you change the song to Spd 00 the audio engine is still running audio.
If you send command F00, then you can use down cursor key to manually play the track. This is a most excellent feature for live track manipulation and remixing!
Another thing,  If you throw a command such as Portamento Down (210)  on one track, and (F00) on different track on the same tick,  it will cause the portamento to keep dropping at  a steady rate relative to the last tick before F00 called!  This is yet another super awesome feature of FT2's design (however, if not used carefully, it can cause crashes! ;) ) Many of my songs use this to dramatic effect.  And they don't play right with Milky  :'(

Also, in the over head menu, you can not select Spd 00 with mouse clicks, you can only select as low as Spd 01. 

My request, can we have a FT2 Spd mode implemented, that would emulate FT2's speed control idiosyncrasies?

PS: while i'm on speed.. Smoother Dynamic BPM Slider Adjustment, ala FT2?? In other word, while the song is playing back, use mouse to adjust BPM up or down without causing glitching!  This is detrimental to CHIP TUNE DJ Sets!

Kmuland

• Milkytracker Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Speed F00?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 15:45:41 »

PS: while i'm on speed.. Smoother Dynamic BPM Slider Adjustment, ala FT2?? In other word, while the song is playing back, use mouse to adjust BPM up or down without causing glitching!  This is detrimental to CHIP TUNE DJ Sets!

Pailes implemented smoother BPM changes .. so wait for the next version ;)
Im pretty sure that you will enjoy it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up