Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce yourself - GaijinPayne  (Read 4529 times)

GaijinPayne

• New User
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself - GaijinPayne
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:11:19 »

*ahem*.....

Yo, everyone. I found out about trackers about a year ago, while looking for a MIDI sequencer. At first I thought ModPlug Tracker was just that, but obviously I was mistaken.
Before I was about to delete it, I took a quick look at the formats it loaded, and found out I had a game that had the exact type of music. Sooo, I loaded it up, and I was amazed; Just looking at all the effects and seeing how the pattern arranged notes, it looked very straightforward...about 6 months later, I tried making a song in Modplug and....it sucked. Really bad. But then I wanted to see what other songs used this tracker format..so after a few minutes of googling, I found ModArchive and snagged me XMPlay while I was at it; I've been a tracker freak ever since, and even got my "MIDI4LIFE" friend hooked on it.

So after making a bunch of simple tunes from boredom, I realized I had no source of critique that I can improve from, so I registered here a few days ago.

*cough* From there it's history, I suppose. I started downloading instruments and trying them out, and I hope I'm able to improve my tracker skills from lousy to half-decent.

<.< >.> Okay, and I'll comment on songs too.

*Paynekiller/GaijinPayne, 17 year old code addict from the USA*

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:03:44 »

Welcome fellow MIDI/tracker dude to the ModArchive Community Forums! Leave your blah.mid at the door and enjoy your mod.blah!

Looks like we have some in common. :)
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:40:39 »

heh, the first mods i got were those from Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Deus Ex and Unreal, IIRC :)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up