Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [confirmed?] replayer bug, mixer  (Read 5359 times)

djinn

• New User
    • View Profile
[confirmed?] replayer bug, mixer
« on: July 09, 2008, 18:42:53 »

I remember reporting this bug over a year ago, and noticed that it's still present... It resets the sample pointer to the sample's start upon every note command, causing an ugly click that screws with the ramping-mixer (sounds even more terrible without ramping, ofc.) This bug affects PT mode; no idea how Fasttracker handled note commands, but I believe it did the same as the NT2 compatibles.

Example;

F-5 01 --  ---
E-5 --  --  ---  <- !
C-5 --  --  ---
A-4 --  --  ---

When an instrument command is not issued for a note you should only alter the frequency of the sample being played, and keep mixing from the current position of the sample, not replay it from the start like Milky does now.

edit: to clarify, with "instr. command" I mean the instrument selection only, not the effect command.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:48:51 by m0d »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: replayer bug, mixer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 21:04:24 »

Milky behaves like FT2 here.

djinn

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: replayer bug, mixer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 13:19:20 »

Yep seems so. I just checked this in some other popular XM-replayers, and in XM-mode they all reset sample pointer upon note command, so it needs to be fixed for proper PT replaying only.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 13:21:11 by djinn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up