Music Production > Sampling

Sample Synthesis

<< < (2/3) > >>

zzo38:
Csound is an extremely powerful program, not only to generate samples but you can even create entire pieces of music with it, apply effects to existing sounds, do MIDI in/out, VST, LADSPA, and others. This is a program I have effectively done many things with.

However, to make some simple synthesis I have the internal synthesizer in AmigaMML, which can generate square waves, saw waves, triangle waves, sine waves, noise, FM synthesis, and combinations of such.

penultimatedoomguy:
Help, I am using Sonic Charge Cyclone with SaviHost, and I don't know how to make samples directly.  Otherwise, I would have to take a lot of time recording samples.

Saga Musix:
You could use it directly inside a tracker with VST support such as OpenMPT, or at least use OpenMPT to render single notes from the plugin into sample files. The full version of Renoise also has a plugin grabber which can automatically turn a VST into a multisampled instrument for you. Other options include VDumper, but it's known to not work too well.

Also, please don't attach your unrelated questions to old threads. Rather start a new one dedicated to your problem.

penultimatedoomguy:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on February 05, 2008, 14:16:39 ---You could try Sound Designer by Paul O'Nasca. It's a DOS program to create synthesized sounds, but it may also run on Windows (probably you'll need VDMSound or DOSBox Emulator).

--- End quote ---

I'm afraid that this program is not available anymore :(.

Saga Musix:
You may just as well try ZynAddSubFX, which contains the same algorithms as they are used in Sound Designer, plus much more stuff. And you don't even need DOSBox to run it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version