Community > Help me find that...

music from Battle Girl computer game - 5/6 found!

(1/3) > >>

necro2607:
Well, really really doubt anyone is going to know this.. but I remember years ago I played this cool Mac game called "Battle Girl".. the music was super cool, and I used ResEdit to extract the music tracks.   Unfortunately I don't have the files or the game anymore, but I was hoping someone might know at least WHO made the music, so I can try to find it!   I seem to recall the music was done by a small handful of diff people whose songs were used in the game,  but I can't remember even a single word/phrase/name of any of the songs or artist(s) .

If anyone knows anything at all, please let me know... thanks... !

necro2607:
OK, I've been doing a crazy amount of investigation here.

I managed to find a demo version of Battle Girl for windows (wtf I thought it was Mac only) on some taiwanese site.  installed the demo (amazingly,runs!) .  Found one music file in the game folder,  "remutat.madh" .

After like 2 hours of intensive searching, there is simply NOT A PLAYER for "MADH" format music for Windows.   If I wanted to play this song, I'd have to dig up one of my old Macs and install PlayerPRO on it.    :(

I opened up the file in Wordpad and I can see that the full song title is "the remutation" , which, after a Google search, appears to be made by someone under the name of Loolarge. I managed to track down the original at:  http://rr.rockz.org/rr/loo-orem.zip 

That's cool, but this is my least preferred song in the game, and the other songs were by different artists, if I recall correctly.

Guess I am back to square one, since I have no information about the other songs in the full version of the game.  :(   

necro2607:
OMG, so damn awesome.  I emailed Loolarge, writer of the one song ("0 - the remutation") in the game demo.   Got a response from him - he listed the track list for me. Just song names, but it's enough that there's only one I can't find.

Tracklist..

1.Fluff link
2.O-The remutation link
3.4th Directive  -  can't find so far :(
4.Welcome to the gods link
5.Joy link
6.Abstraktd link

Check those out.. pretty cool hey?   Of course, they are about 8000x cooler when you played the game they are in, which is a pretty trippy fast-paced arcade-style game.

Saga Musix:
well, congratulations then ;D

necro2607:
Thanks.. :)   Now I'm just trying to find "4th Directive", but can't find ANY info anywhere. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version