Music Production > MilkyTracker Bug Reports

[workaround only] Windows Mobile 6 bug ?

(1/3) > >>

starknight:
Hi,

I'v tried the latest version on my HTC TyTN II smartphone (WM6, Italian ROM) and it works well until I quit... then it completely hangs my phone and I have to hard-reset it. In a few words after pressing the "Exit" button I can still see Milky Tracker interface but it becomes completely unresponsive, hardware buttons do nothing too and every background funcion (I.E. receiving phone calls) stop working at all. And hardware reset is the only solution.

This is the first version I've tested on my TyTN II, don't know if the problem was present in previous versions.

pailes:
Afaik setting the buffer size too low can cause a freeze with certain WM devices. The default buffer size should be fairly safe though.

starknight:
I'm using the default settings.
I've never changed the buffer size.

I'll try a larger size but it is strange since TyTN II has 128Mb of total RAM and I have 64Mb free for apps.

pailes:
RAM is definitely not the reason. But since I've never tested with WM6 everything could be responsible.

starknight:
If I configure MT to display the taskbar, screen coordinates on its interface are shifted of some pixel... touching the place where the taskbar should be I can launch a task manager. If I gracefully kill MT's process my smartphone hangs again... but if I kill it immediately (brute kill) the process quits without freezing my smartphone.

So I presume it is a bug related to resource allocation. When MT's process frees allocated resources something goes wrong (at least on WM6 units).

Unfortunately I'm not a WM developer and without a debug option I can not help you in any way  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version