Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few teething problems...  (Read 4750 times)

Spliffing

• New User
    • View Profile
A few teething problems...
« on: June 08, 2008, 16:52:48 »

Hello everyone, i'm new to chiptunes, was fiddling around with milkytracker til about 4am last night...great fun! Just got a few questions - Firsty, i cant seem to get the tremolo effect to work. do you put the paramters (as in the last 2 numbers) only in the box to the right of the chord or do you put it in every box you want the tremolo to continue for? if not, do you put 0's or what?

And this is probably a noob question but - I want to make my song longer than one "chunk" (im sure theres  a technical term haha) so i +1 on length (So i have 0 00, 1 00). Then i have 2 identical chunks. but when i edit one of them it changes the other too.. am i missing something? Also, is there a milkytracker IRC so i can pester you all in realtime? :p

Cheers!

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: A few teething problems...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 22:53:43 »

You got some answers on IRC already but let's post something here so this isn't left hanging:

1. The tremolo command has effect memory so you only need to enter the paramteres once and after that, a simple 700 will repeat the effect.

2. We call the "chunks" patterns. The "other" one changes because it's the same one. Up the pattern number to 01 and you'll get a new one. You can use the 00 pattern as a basis for 01 if you just copy everything over. A super fast way of achieving this is clicking the Cln button which is short for Clone. It inserts the next unused pattern in the order table and copies over the data from the current pattern.

Spliffing

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: A few teething problems...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 18:19:19 »

can anyone reccomend a public domain blah blah set of electronic/dance drum patches? or show me the best way to achieve an electronic trancey kick with the sample editor. cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up