Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need samples?  (Read 9244 times)

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Need samples?
« on: April 21, 2008, 12:46:26 »

How about the One Laptop Per Child sound sample library? :)

Others are welcome to post sample links here as well but try to respect the generous people and link the source of the samples so that they are presented in the intended context and license terms and such aren't bypassed. That generally means no 3rd party sites hosting somebody else's samples and no direct links to files (that goes double for RapidShare and similar cr*p) as they tend to die fast.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: Need samples?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 13:40:51 »

Here is the old Waveworld Library in Torrent format. You'll need a Bit Torrent client to download it. It's 1.3 GB of various samples which used to be hosted on The Mod Archive many years ago. We bumped it off onto peer to peer due to the absurd bandwidth hogging. There are still a few seeds going.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Tomato

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 16:23:52 »

You can also download some samples at the freepats website. The "freepats-20060219" archive has 128 samples in .pat format. Debian users can just "apt-get install freepats", which will install this archive to "/usr/share/midi/freepats/".

I also have a question. Does anyone remember the sample pack that the main website linked to a long time ago, before Milkytracker was open source? I can't find the link anymore, so I was wondering if anyone knows what license these samples were under. I would like to release some mods using them for a project I am working on, but I don't want to do so until I know that the license permits this.

EDIT:
Ah, thanks for the clarification raina.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 18:13:08 by Tomato »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 16:52:00 »

The old sample pack wasn't specifically under any license. It was just a random collection, probably ripped from wherever a long time ago, before anybody in the  scene was interested in or cared about licenses.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 17:25:39 »

...It was just a random collection, probably ripped from wherever a long time ago, before anybody in the  scene was interested in or cared about licenses.

Those were the days *sigh*.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 20:37:26 »

Cheer up, it's still very simple nowadays: You make chiptunes, you either put them under a license or not and lamers will happily come, rip your tunes and sell them. Licenses or copyright don't bother them.

klez

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 14:41:21 »

Cheer up, it's still very simple nowadays: You make chiptunes, you either put them under a license or not and lamers will happily come, rip your tunes and sell them. Licenses or copyright don't bother them.

amen :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up