Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 questions  (Read 5486 times)

lonebullet

• New User
    • View Profile
4 questions
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:52 »

I (try to) produce oldschool Jungle music, and am pretty new to Milkytracker. This is also my first post.

I have four questions:

1. How do you create a pure sine wave sample? No matter how curved i draw it out, it still ends up buzzing a little. Is there a preset?

2. Is there a way of generating or imitating glissando between notes?

3. How do you extend the length of samples (e.g. if we were to sample an acoustic bass line)?

4. Can you increase the tempo without raising the pitch? or perhaps time it with the bpm?

If these are real novice questions, i apologize.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: 4 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 12:42:58 »

1. Open the sample editor context menu (right-click, Cmd-click, tap'n'hold or whatever) and select Generators > Sine.
You can still get it imperfect with the wrong sample length and number of periods though, so here are the settings for a pretty nice sine: Sample length: 128 bytes (80 in hexadecimal) and number of periods: 1.0. Doubling sample length increases accuracy but lowers the relative note of the sample so if you go overboard, you will only be able to play REALLY low frequencies with your sine wave.

2. Yes, by using the 3xx or Mx command. Remember, when you use these portamento commands with notes, they don't trig the sample, so first play a note WITHOUT the command and use it for the following notes.

3. What do you mean? You can load or generate whatever length sample (from the context menu > New).

4. If you're still talking about samples, then no. There isn't a time stretch function in the tracker (at least not at the moment).

Kmuland

• Milkytracker Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 4 questions
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 20:20:29 »

I (try to) produce oldschool Jungle music, and am pretty new to Milkytracker.

Hey.. I like jungle/breakbeat  music too,
You can do nice stuff with some loop samples and using the 9xx command for slice the loop and create your own beats

Ill upload a fast example of 9xx in action:

www.milkytracker.net/Kmuland/junglekml.xm
Pages: [1]   Go Up