Community > Project / Coder's Corner

FT2 source code

(1/2) > >>

paulnasca:
Hi to all.
When I was in highschool I used FT2.0x very much. In the help I have read that it was written in BP7 and ASM and in that period I was very curious to have the source code of it. In '99 when on it's webpage, the author written that they will release the source code I was very happy. But, unfortunately, no source was publised.
I would like to have the source code of FT 2.0x (not other versions), for "sentimental reasons"  ;D ;D I know, that there are much better open-source trackers, but I would like to have the source code of the program which I enjoyed very much in the highschool.
Anyone have some information about it?
Thanks.
Paul

pailes:
It was never published, but some scene members got hold of it, that's all I know. You're right, it's BP7 with lots of assembler, Triton somehow managed to write their own protected mode dos extender, so IMO it's not much Pascal code at all.

Judging from the huge amount of amazingly insane bugs FT2 had the source code must be a total mess ;)

BYTE-Smasher:
I went on a mini-crusade trying to get the source released at one point... started an online petition. I really wanted a new fast tracker...

... I finally gave up 2 years ago and tried Renoise ... and I don't even miss FT2 anymore  ;)

check out http://renoise.com or join us on #renoise on irc.esper.net for further details :p

m0d:
wtf, surprised nobody's mentioned it... why not try Milkytracker (http://milkytracker.net) or join the Milky users in #milkytracker on irc.esper.net while you're at it, afterall that's the most accurate multiplatform FT2 clone out there! :p

Just trying to be fair in providing the options here ;)

BYTE-Smasher:
Renoise just pays me to be their official groupy (HA! I wish  :D ) ... but yah if you want to be a purist, Milkytracker's a great option. I just prefer Renoise because it's like they took FT2 and made it 100x more powerful. I kinda consider Renoise to be the successor to FT2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version