Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another needle in this giant haystack (.xm)  (Read 7109 times)

damon_sisk

• New User
    • View Profile
Another needle in this giant haystack (.xm)
« on: April 17, 2006, 02:50:34 »

Looking for a .xm.  All I can remember is that it had a sort of a scream (human) at some point in the song where the music changed fairly significantly.  I thought I had it somewhere, but I can't find it now to save my soul...
Pretty hopeless, but maybe it will ring a bell with someone.
It was available before ~2000 (probably much earlier) b/c I remember being in a music theory course in college when I found the song.

Thanks to any help.

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:01:00 »

Well, there's a little chance we can help you when all the info we get is that it is a Fast Tracker module which contains a screaming person and was available before 2000.

If you could describe the song, tell us the style and other useful things about it, then there is a chance that someone could help you.

Do you remember how you got your hands on it? (Where did you download it or did it come from some CD?) There may be a chance that it is available here on the ModArchive. In that case, there is a fair, if not a good chance that we may find it.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

damon_sisk

• New User
    • View Profile
more information
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 18:05:45 »

ok.  I believe that I actually got it from the mod archive, but I can't be sure.  I know I downloaded it from the internet (not much help there).
The song itself had no drums.  The tempo was medium (not fast or slow) and I would describe it as an ambient mod.  Others may classify it differently though.
It definately was not a techno, rock, or highly rhythmic (like rap etc) song.  The file type was .xm.  I remember that b/c it was the first non *.mod mod that I ever had.  I didn't know they existed until this one.  It also must have had more than 4 voices (instrument channels) because I noticed that as well since the mods I had were all 4 channel (except for OctaMeds).

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:41:59 »

Summary (guessed):
(* = Variable data)

File Name: *.xm
Song title: *
Date: Before approximatelly 2000

Song Genre: Ambient (Possibly, but unlikely Atmospheric)
Song Tempo: Probably 100-130bpm
Song Speed: Probably 6 or 12
Channels: Probably 8 or more.

Other useful info: No drums. Changes significally when a person screams or something.

Well, this will not be easy to find, but it is worth a try.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!
Pages: [1]   Go Up