Community > Help me find that...

[Solved] Epic Pinball Music

(1/2) > >>

Saga Musix:
Well, I read this thread in the Rip Reports and now I have a question :)

Does anybody have the program with which i can open PSM files (epic pinball, jazz jackrabbit 1)? Modplug can't handle the main menu music and the music which comes at the end of the unregistered e.p. version (some bugs in patterns...), and i like those muzaks sooo much :) i was able to repair the major part of those patterns, but they're still incomplete...

so i ask? with which programm can i open psm files (i didn't find "Pro Tracker Studio"  :? )... or for instace: has anybody those files in s3m or a similar format?

-Jojo

Mr. Ksoft:
Hey, I can't find Protracker Studio either, so it must be rare.  I know that the format's sort of like S3M, as that's what MPT plays it as.  Any S3M's you come upon are probably just simply opened in MPT and saved as S3M, messed up and all.

So we need to hunt for this PTStudio thing.

Axxy:
Dunno about Epic Pinball, probably have them somewhere. As for JJR1, I have them all in s3m format and they all play fine.

Try downloading them here: http://www.mirsoft.info/

Saga Musix:
yeah, the PSMs from jjr1 play correclty.

i'll have a look ;)

zilym:
I don't think there is such a thing as "Protracker Studio." Way back in the day when Joshua C. Jensen was writing mod players, he was always mentioning making a tracker program, but I don't think he ever got around to it.

Instead, PSM files are created by converting other mod formats to PSM using a special program he wrote. I once found a copy of this program in ftp.oulu.fi (I think), but I don't think it had support for converting back to the original. There was also an unfinished text file explaining the PSM file format, but when I looked at it, it didn't match the actual PSM file format used in the Epic games very much at all, so it wasn't very useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version