Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: request: time-stretch samples  (Read 4481 times)

Kmuland

• Milkytracker Moderator
    • View Profile
request: time-stretch samples
« on: August 20, 2008, 19:01:26 »

This tool is used to change the time and preserve the pitch of a sample.

The common problem in a tracker is append a speech or drumloop sample to fit in several rows without changing the pitch.

The current way I use to do this task is the following (it can provide ideas about how to implement the feature):

"lets imagine that I have a track at BPM 125, speed 3,  64rows... and I want to append a drumloop that is 4seconds long that will sound from row 00 to row 64.

1) the first step I do is calculate the length of this BPM 125, speed 3 pattern. I do a render of this pattern and then I load into milky and I read the time length into the sample editor:

time: 3.861 seconds

2) I load the sample that I want to stretch into the time stretch program and I set the amount of stretch to 3.861 seconds, so it will fit my 64 rows pattern.

3) If the tool is implemented into milky it would require calculate the full pattern time length where the sample would fit, and also the stretch size/amount measured in rows... so imagine ..

if I want to create a sample that will fit on 64 rows.. I just calculate the 64rows lenght and I apply this time length to the stretch amount.

If I want a sample that will fit in 32 rows--->stretch amount = (total pattern time lenght /2)

and so on....

Probably the hard task is code how to calculate the length size for X rows. (Could be possible doing a fast render of the pattern... calculate the time lenght and apply the setting to the stretch amount.

The milky stretch panel have to have a dialog to set the "stretch amount" => "X rows"

a video creating timestretch with external tools is available here:
www.milkytracker.net/video/Kml-tempo_sync.avi
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 19:15:43 by Kmuland »
Pages: [1]   Go Up