Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No backlight within the program  (Read 10942 times)

newtim

• New User
    • View Profile
No backlight within the program
« on: August 04, 2008, 22:42:23 »

The splash screen shows just fine, but once in the program, I can't see anything unless I tilt my DS sideways.  Everything within the program runs fine, other than I cannot see it well.  While in the program, I can bring up the on-screen keyboard, and this runs at the correct backlighting.  I have not been able to locate any options within the program to modify the backlight.  It is possible this may be due to my inability to see the screen well.

I have a  Ninjapass Evolution card with Kingston 2MB MicroSD card.  I have used the newest DLDI patch for the .nds file, and it gave no errors in patching.  I have been unable to find any information regarding this issue.  I am hoping that I am not the only one with this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0xtob

• NitroTracker Moderators
    • View Profile
Re: No backlight within the program
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 00:01:16 »

Hey! Now this is a strange one, especially the fact that the keyboard shows up fine. Are you sure the backlight is off or are the colors just very dark? Does closing and opening the DS change anything? When you open the keyboard, is the rest of the program lit as well or do you just see the keyboard?

newtim

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 00:37:59 »

It is strange!  The splash screen shows fine...

But once in the program, everything goes dim.  Even more dim than if the backlight was at its lowest setting.  You can tell from this picture that it is viewable, but very very difficult to see.

If I click on anything which brings up the option for txt input, the keyboard pops up and looks great, but everything else stays dark.

I have tried shutting and re-opening, but this does nothing.  I have also tried with two different MicroSD cards, and multiple re-formats, just in case.  Still no effect.  Sorry for the poor phone quality of the photos.  :)

Edit: Replaced HTML with BBcode. HTML not supported ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 14:20:47 by m0d »

0xtob

• NitroTracker Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:01:10 »

Hmm, this looks like it doesn't properly fade in after showing the splash screen. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but I bet it's some initialization problem. Could you try launching NitroTracker from DSOrganise or another launcher that isn't the default NinjaPass one? Also make sure you have the latest NinjaPass firmware.

newtim

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 18:28:06 »

Over the weekend I have tried both of your suggestions.  (running via DSOrganise and also upgrading to the latest firmware)  Nothing seemed to help, or even modify the results.  It very well could be localized to the NinjaPass card itself, because I was hunting a few NinjaPass forums a few weeks back and there seemed to be the same issue mentioned, but it almost seemed like the users were assuming that it was supposed to look that way, complaining that it's a great program, but it's so dark it makes your eyes hurt when using.  LOL. 

I'm sure you don't have a card of every flavor to test, so I'm sure this sort of thing happens.  I do know that the reason I purchased the NinjaPass instead of an R4 or M3 is that they noted in the description that it writes to the microSD card differently than other cards, which is supposed to make the microSD card last longer.  I don't know if that helps at all.  I hope to one day spend my waking hours upon hours playing with Nitrotracker, but until that day, thanks for looking into it for me!!

Yinge

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:30:46 »

I've got the same problem on a Ninjapass X9 ~ along with a 2GB Kingston SD.  Any chance this can be fixed?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:32:49 by Yinge »

tinkk

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 19:07:33 »

ninjapass x9tf 1gb sandisk. I have that problem too, but i really wanna work in that app, solve it please!

zoikkis

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 14:31:54 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up