Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First try~ Shrink Gun  (Read 4639 times)

Slax

• New User
    • View Profile
First try~ Shrink Gun
« on: August 24, 2008, 22:15:00 »

Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster.
Just thought I'd give the whole tracking thing a try.

None of the samples are mine. Sadly, I lack the skill and patience to make any of my own so I ripped a few from various old songs. Hope that won't be a problem.

On to the song then. It's nothing advanced (obviously).
The theme I had for it was "evil villain walking around in a city, blasting stuff with a shrink gun". Don't ask.
So yeah, feedback?

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: First try~ Shrink Gun
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 23:26:13 »

Now there's a familiar sounding firstie. This is what they used to be like, before the "chiptune this and square wave that" craze. It's obvious this didn't come from the desk drawer of a seasoned tracker musician but there's nothing wrong with the song. At the very least it shows you've got rhythm. That's good, and the foundation of everything else.

Don't worry about the samples, I'd say just about everybody has used that guitar sample at some point. ;) For a little more original stuff, give sample credit when you can (i.e. when the info is available or it's safe enough to assume).

grimmeld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 16:29:36 »

rofl nice goin, fits the description of the villain perfectly  :P

Slax

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 15:26:27 »

The whole chippy blip blop scene isn't really my thing... yet. Mostly because I'm unfamiliar with the effects that milkytracker has to offer. Oh well, knowledge like that usually comes with time. It's a nice little application and I don't see myself giving up on it anytime soon.
Thanks for the feedback, raina. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up