Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: very very newb  (Read 7955 times)

teenagejesus

• New User
    • View Profile
very very newb
« on: October 21, 2008, 22:02:16 »

hey, I'm pretty new to the world of tracking, I love chiptunes and gamewave and I really want to make some of my own, but I have a slight problem.

I try to use the sample editor and I follow all the right steps, but for somereason I just get a not very chiptune beep, even when I change pitch and all lol. so yeah, any advice on how i can correct my problem?

I usually just open the sample editor, click either foward or no loop, select new instrument and then I draw, but It just comes out as like this annoying little thing that makes me sad....

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: very very newb
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 23:28:52 »

This is the general forum for introductions on The Mod Archive, you obviously are asking for help in some tracker program, which one is it? When I know, i'll move your post to the right forum so you'll get the responses you need :)
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

teenagejesus

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 00:17:17 »

I'm using milkytracker...

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 13:29:41 »

Hello teenagejesus,

this is what i found for ya:

http://modarchive.org/forums/index.php?topic=45.0

It shows Chipping Techniques and the Sample-length thing.
Your Sample should be a multiple of 8 in hex-length, e. g. 64 to be tuned to e. g. C-4  :)

If you need a more typical chipsound then just a beep, you have to use effects for that beep sound in the effects collumn.

For typical Chip-Chords please try:

Code: [Select]
C-4 1 40 047
(and so on)
(The first thing - C-4 - is the Note you want to hear; 1 is the Instrument number; 40 the volume of the Note and 047 is the Chip-Chord - maybe you want to use 037 for a variation)

Maybe you want to download some nice chiptunes and learn from looking at how they are done? As a good example in MOD Chiptunes, here is the her-Collection: http://www.seele07.de/musik/her.zip

greetings,
Ingo

PS: you need to define a starting and end point for your chipsample-loop (e. g. for forward loop)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 14:18:05 by jivatma »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 16:11:12 »

Techniques of Chipping is also available at http://www.milkytracker.net/?documentation with all the ASCII diagrams fixed.

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 16:40:33 »

Thx raina ^_^

Well, i made a little and rough example what you can do to avoid the beep-like sound in your chip-songs @teenagejesus.

Here it is: http://www.seele07.de/musik/beep.zip

the first Pattern (00) shows the beep sound (in this case a square-sound), Pattern 01 shows the same with a Vibrato Effect and Pattern 02 with a Tremolo Effect. The Vibrato lets the Sound vibrate in frequency and the Tremolo lets vibrate it in Loudness. :)

Hope it helps you :)

Ingo
Pages: [1]   Go Up