Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a little synth could lead to supreme!  (Read 6600 times)

brx

• New User
    • View Profile
a little synth could lead to supreme!
« on: November 18, 2008, 14:55:08 »

a little synth, even if it doesn't load in the pattern, it could be useful to save samples.
so the best should be to load it on patterns, but could be great even for saving semples.

thanks
brx

SparroHawc

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: a little synth could lead to supreme!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 05:52:42 »

I actually kinda agree with this one.  At the very least, someone throwing together a separate .nds that allows the user to make and save .wav files via DLDI that can then be loaded into NitroTracker...  No such utility exists that I know of, but it would go a long way towards making NitroTracker, or at least the Nintendo DS, a stand-alone music creation tool.

0xtob

• NitroTracker Moderators
    • View Profile
Re: a little synth could lead to supreme!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:38:04 »

I actually had this idea in mind too when I started working on NitroTracker. At the moment I'd like to focus on core tracker functionality though, and for something like a synth I would already have to break compatibility with XM.

Something in this direction will be sample generators that can generate basic waveforms. Together with hullcurves this will at least give you simple wavetable synthesis functionality. Also, and even more excitingly, there will be PSG support for the original Game Boy sound. For everything else, I'd suggest someone making a separate DS synth software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up