Music Production > Tracking

A little dip into the old-school tracking

<< < (12/13) > >>

Oliwerko:
I guess the hardware SIDs are a bit too much for me as a beginner in this stuff, so I thought I would try some payware software first and perhaps then move on HW...

About the chiptunes, I was just wondering how and where do artists get those 8-bit sounds. I guess that these sources are just like with everything else - simple waveform generators/VSTs/drawing. Good point with the fact it does not have to fulfill the limitation specifications though.

And yes, I know that the Amiga sound is not the chiptune one. But I was wondering, what actually makes that sound. The hardware? The limitations? Or just the 80s/90s samples? So thank you, for you enlightened me with the knowledge that it's the samples. And that packs on the link you provided look kind of huge  :D
I love that. If you have any other good sources, please share.

Thanks

m0d:
Oli: I would like to make a suggestion; write this up into a full article, it's a pretty cool article all by itself already, and it would be a nice addition to post up on the archive article section (coming soon). What do you think?

Oliwerko:
Yeah, that's a good idea, maybe some kind of FAQ-form?

eldorado:
to me Old School tracking

there is nothing like a good neat

AMIGA 500,

or a old Pentium loaded with the magic of a SB16... plus FT II 2.04 or 2.06

for maximum power...

A commodore C64. even though it may limit a bit more on the memory and etc...

but hey get one of each???

( i dont know much about c64 so rant on! )

peace and love...

john

Saga Musix:

--- Quote ---A commodore C64. even though it may limit a bit more on the memory and etc...
--- End quote ---
writing music on a C64 is normally a completely different approach as you program a synthesizer and not a sampler, so memory is not important there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version