Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disc Shelf  (Read 11789 times)

Louigi Verona

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ctgmusic.com/Louigi%20Verona
Re: Disc Shelf
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 10:12:37 »

thx for the advice, the password hashes are quite sophisticated and I do use salts ;)
quot;If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."
Doc Emmet Brown.

Louigi Verona

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 17:42:43 »

Security issue:

It is not appropriate to return a different error for "Wrong username" and "Wrong password", as that enables a hacker to determine and verify a login name that exists. It is more appropriate to return a generic error for both invalid username and invalid password.

Forgotten password:

I've forgotten mine, and I don't see a way to create a new one. I do hope that you aren't storing passwords in plain text in the database. If you need to do password recovery the best way to do that is to generate a new one into a temporary table and then request via the email address the user registered with to activate that password, which in turn then is hashed and activated.

Forgotten password can now be retrieved, please login and add some music )
All the advice was implemented as well, thanks )

As for thumbnails I am exploring different solutions so they won't be too memory heavy.
Doc Emmet Brown.

Louigi Verona

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 10:19:30 »

Guys, a lot of things were fixed and done on Disc Shelf for the past couple of weeks, also the ability to embed albums was added (you can read on that in FAQ).

However, the provider is experiencing technical difficulties, so for the past week Disc Shelf was slow as hell, especially for people in the USA. I am very sorry for that. In most cases you can just hit pause and it will buffer, just like with YouTube.

Anyway, I once more invite you over - the service now runs smoothly and as for connection problems they will be resolved soon as we will move to another provider.
Doc Emmet Brown.

TaoPhoenix

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 01:38:33 »

I saved a snap of the frontpage into my music folder so that I at least have it tagged as something to do.

Feedback to follow at my some variant of my usual glacial pace.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up