Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys...  (Read 5367 times)

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
What do you guys...
« on: December 14, 2008, 21:29:16 »

What do you guys use to translate the XM's into mp3, wav, etc.? I use an online one, but I don't think it's the best. I also need it to be free, because I don't really want to pay money for it. Any help?
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: What do you guys...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 22:15:44 »

I use Fasttracker II under DOSBox and MilkyTracker and XMPlay on Windows. The first two can render WAVs which I encode using LamedropXPd, Oggdrop or the FLAC Frontend. XMPlay can also directly utilize a command line encoder like lame.exe, oggenc.exe or flac.exe but usually I find it easier to just use the WAV Writer (possible with normalization) and then use aforementioned encoder GUIs.

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 22:31:09 »

So, just use Milkytracker or XMPlay and save them as wav? Could simplify that language a bit please? I think I get it, I just need to know if I can just save the XM;s as wav in either/both of those programs then just convert them using an other program.
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 23:08:43 »

Yes, you can save XMs as WAV in both of them:

In MilkyTracker, the quickest way to exporting WAV is Ctrl(-Alt)-R.

In XMPlay, you have to select "WAV Writer" as your output device and then play the file.

You may find in both programs that you need to change the interpolation and ramping settings to match the sound with NitroTracker but I'm not 100% sure about this since my experience of XM replay on the NDS is based on sverx's LIBXM7.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 23:12:01 by raina »
Pages: [1]   Go Up