Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [closed] modules being rejected  (Read 5853 times)

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
[closed] modules being rejected
« on: January 10, 2009, 00:34:37 »

I was just wondering what made my modules considered "not of sufficient quality." They were these 4:

* File: into_focus.xm
    * MD5: 99349c7e95f5c89394d10daaf6010f4b
    * Reason: The module was rejected because it was not of sufficient quality (on Wed 7th Jan 2009).

* File: a_moved_shot.xm
    * MD5: d34c114f37e354fd6939d1621d97ad17
    * Reason: The module was rejected because it was not of sufficient quality (on Wed 7th Jan 2009).

* File: breakbust.xm
    * MD5: 11c7d5c1e6c41678130d66615fb8780f

* File: mellow_dish_march.xm
    * MD5: ea3606c10362ced5633487a771b4280c

I just included the info so that it would help in finding them if need be, but can I reupload them with the artist tag on the front of the file name? If not, could you explain the reason behind the choice?

I was actually pretty proud of "A Moved Shot" and "Into Focus" (seeing as they lead into each other, those would be the most important ones to at least upload...PLEASE!). Those were the two songs that I actually wanted to get uploaded along with "Bebox Champion" and "Fuse Faction" (which got uploaded; but not these four?). I could understand Mellow Dish's ending as "low quality," but I thought that the other three were up to par...I guess not...

Not ragging on the screening process, just want to know why these were rejected...

EDIT: I really thought that Breakbust wold get in, too...oh well...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 15:29:25 by m0d »
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: modules being rejected
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 00:56:47 »

Well sorry, but at least three people gave all of your tunes a listen and we agreed that they are definitely not of sufficient quality to be added to the archive (and please don't try to pick worse mods from there, we all know that errors have been made and that bad modules accidently _can_ come into the archive). The modules you uploaded are typical "first try" stuff. Sure, the creaters are always fond of their first creations, but this is one of the most common mistakes: Spreading / uploading your first tries. We are aware that Nitro Tracker's capabilites are also very limited when it comes to effects, but still, there is no "special NitroTracker upload rule" and the content of the tunes was, IMHO, really sub-par. The melodies were not really fitting together, it just sounded very strange, if recall correctly - first tries.
But instead of being offended, please go on, be creative, learn, improve! :)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
Re: modules being rejected
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 00:59:03 »

lol, okay, thanks. I'm trying the best I can though, but thanks for the feedback!
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here
Pages: [1]   Go Up