Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I change instrument/sample (n00b question)??  (Read 5432 times)

Heretic

• New User
    • View Profile
How do I change instrument/sample (n00b question)??
« on: March 03, 2009, 18:00:06 »

Yo!

I've recently discovered MilkyTracker for my HTC Windows-mobile, and I think it's an amazing app. The only problem is, I have very little experience with trackers!

My problem is: When I've added three drum samples to the sample editor (hi-hat, kick, snare), and closed it, and I've begun to add the hi-hats to the pattern, I can't figure out how to change the current sample!

To put it in other words, I can't figure out how to put other samples than the first one into the patterns. So if the hi-hat is the first .wav-file I inserted in the sample editor, that's the one I'm inserting in the pattern. How do I change to the second or third sample??

Hope I explained myself well enough... I'm not too good at english! :-)

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change instrument/sample (n00b question)??
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 19:39:04 »

There are actually two different possibilities.

You can create a drum kit with different samples into ONE single instrument. You do so by loading the samples in different sample slots (the box on the right side) and afterwards you need to assign the samples to notes on the keyboard in the instrument editor. The assignment works like this: You select a sample slot and then you click on the keys of the piano, you will notice that the number on the key changes as you "drag" with the mouse cursor over them.
Afterwards if you play this note in the pattern, you will hear your sample being played.

OR

You simply load each sample into a different instrument (box on the left side) and keep the samples all separated. That's basically how it was done back in the amiga and early PC days before FT2 arrived.

Heretic

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change instrument/sample (n00b question)??
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:27:39 »

Thanks, pailes! It works :-)

I think for now I'll settle for the second option, although I can see how the first one would be very handy for chopped up loops etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up