Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating your own instruments from other samples?  (Read 4258 times)

gibson781

• New User
    • View Profile
Creating your own instruments from other samples?
« on: June 06, 2009, 21:45:36 »

hey everyone,
     what i'm trying to accomplish is to set up a drum kit instrument where i have a kick drum on note c-2, a snare on d-2 and a second snare on e-2, however when i load in those three respective samples into my instrument, the kick and snare are in tune but the 2nd snare (e-2) is dropped way too low. naturally, the 2nd snare sample sounds correct on around a-3, so what i'm wondering is, is there a way to tune the sample specifically on that note, so that e-2 sounds like the good sounding snare which is currently on a-3?

exploring the answer on my own, i noticed there was a resample option, but i don't understand how to use it, so if someone could kindly explain this feature (if it is a relevant solution) that would be great!

the reason why, i'm trying to do this, is because on the tracker i normally use (nerdtracker ii) i have the keyboard set up this way, that way i can program beats on the fly, without having to jump around on the octaves, since all of the samples i use are all right next to each other (i.e. c-2, d-2, and e-2)

thanks so much for your help!!
kurt

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Creating your own instruments from other samples?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 22:25:47 »

In the instrument editor, you can change the relative note and fine tune for each sample of your instrument. No need to resample, just use the relative note value to compensate for your key mapping so you can have all your samples at the same pitch while actually different notes on the pattern.

gibson781

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Creating your own instruments from other samples?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:50:07 »

awesome, thanks!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up