Music Production > Sampling

WaveWorld 1.3GB of samples for free

<< < (4/5) > >>

Lipiu:
Hi! Thank you for the share :)

cs_thebigboss:
Well, sorry for the noob question, but How must i use the wav files? i mean each folder have diferrents zips and each zip have a lot of wavs, Are all theses wavs differents "instruments"?. My english is not very good so srry  ;D.

Saga Musix:
Every WAV file is one "instrument", yes. Sometimes they are also multi-sampled, i.e. several WAV files together define one instrument, but you do not have to adhere to that. You can use these WAV files in whatever way you like, you simply load them into the sample slots of your module and use them.

ModManiac12:
hi! are these samples royalty free?

Saga Musix:
If you need to be absolutely 100% sure that you are legally safe to use them - no. The samples have been contributed by various sources over 20 years ago, sampled from various instruments including analog and digital synthesizers. Sampling presets from commercial synthesizers is legal grey area but it's typically okay if you don't sample the entire present bank of such a synth. Nobody has ever been sued for using those samples as far as I'm aware, and there are much more blantant copyright violation (as far as I'm concerned) being sold as commercial sample packs that noone ever got sued over. So these samples are free to use and you are most likely not going to get into trouble for doing so, but this is not a promise/guarantee and certainly not legal advise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version