Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The freesound sample database  (Read 11900 times)

Garian

• New User
    • View Profile
The freesound sample database
« on: July 18, 2006, 22:24:31 »

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu

I found this a couple years ago and tried to get the word out.  Basically, its a website hosting a very very large amount of samples released under the Creative Commons Sampling Plus license (apparently this includes commercial purposes provided the author is credited or something like that).  I suspect that sooner or later newbies will eventually start using the samples from there instead of ripping off samples from other modules (guilty :(), or trying to find a warez copy of the latest reason refill, or whatever.  I can't really attest to the quality of the samples right now because I'm at the topeka public library, haha.

cheers!

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 22:41:43 »

Heh, I prefer making my own samples in my crude way (editting wave values with a hex editor or cutting a ripped sample down into a chip). Don't have to worry about licenses thanks to that! ;)
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

Rikimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 00:20:21 »

Freesound is fantastic.  I've been getting samples and sounds from there for a while now.  I guess I had never thought of linking it here.  Good idea, Garian!  :D

As Garian said, Freesound is full of random sounds; some are sampled instruments, some are vocals, or very long recorded nature/ambience loops, sine waves, strange sound effects, and so forth.  There's so much fun stuff on there.  I definitely recommend it as well.
quot;I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up