Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First try in creating a mellow atmospheric mood - "Into the Dawn"  (Read 5036 times)

Oliwerko

• In Construction
    • View Profile

Heya all,

Last few days I've been working on this piece, as a part of my effort of learning to use VSTis as well as getting a break from fast dance tracks and thus creating something more mellow.

The idea behind this was a calm "mood of sunrise" or such (that's what I was imagining while composing. I also threw in a couple of effects to make it more spectacular and moving.

I think this is a big leap forward and would be glad if I could hear what YOU think about it.
You can get it here:

http://home.ooijer.com/ags/Into%20the%20Dawn.mp3

Enjoy, and leave a comment if you want
Thanks  ;)
I'm not afraid of death.
I'm afraid of murder.

800Computing

• New User
  • 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    • View Profile
    • SanDisk Cruzer Titanium
Re: First try in creating a mellow atmospheric mood - "Into the Dawn"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 21:03:49 »

Last few days I've been working on this piece, as a part of my effort of learning to use VSTis as well as getting a break from fast dance tracks and thus creating something more mellow.

Good idea!

The idea behind this was a calm "mood of sunrise" or such (that's what I was imagining while composing. I also threw in a couple of effects to make it more spectacular and moving.

I think this is a big leap forward and would be glad if I could hear what YOU think about it.
You can get it here:

http://home.ooijer.com/ags/Into%20the%20Dawn.mp3

Enjoy, and leave a comment if you want#

Thanks  ;)

I like it! I can see the sunrise/dawn correlation. Though without you having mentioned that I probably would have associated something else. The track reminds me a lot of Jan Hammer's Miami Vice work...I bet thats one of your influences? Very cool.
Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later.

Oliwerko

• In Construction
    • View Profile
Re: First try in creating a mellow atmospheric mood - "Into the Dawn"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:14:05 »

I'm glad you like the track  :)

The thing that reminds you of Hammer is surely the percussion pattern with the bassdrum & cabasas, that's what he's heavily using. I also couldn't stop hearing the beginning of Crockett's theme in this track when composing it :D

After all yes, he is one of my influences exactly as you said. Which I like, actually  :P
I'm not afraid of death.
I'm afraid of murder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up