Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pattern hard to read/follow when playing in window-mode  (Read 4770 times)

Bugsan

• New User
    • View Profile
Pattern hard to read/follow when playing in window-mode
« on: January 10, 2010, 22:02:29 »

Hi, this is probably an easy fix, but im a newbie, so i'll try to explain my problem.

I run Milkytracker in 1680x1050 Window Mode(my win7-resolution is 1920x1200/60hz).
I have an ATI 4850 Radeon Gfx card.

And it seems like the patterns are dragging when they scroll, i find them hard to read/follow.

Any tips on how to make them more smooth ? Or do i have to revert to a lower resolution or even run in fullscreen mode? (nice to have window mode and tab to milky when you are doing something else).

Maybe my monitor sux :) It's an Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW 24" (i have the latest drivers installed in both cases, that is gfx card and monitor).

Thankful for answers.

/bugsan

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Pattern hard to read/follow when playing in window-mode
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:00:36 »

That sounds like a stellar resolution to display MilkyTracker. And while that comment may seem highly subjective, I think your CPU would agree. The GUI is rendered in software so your graphics card won't really help there. Your options probably are stepping down the window size or full screen resolution as you say but you could also try on alternative scrolling styles in Config > Misc. "Scroll to end" with your current window size, for example, would eliminate the need to scroll entirely with the majority of modules.

PS. Also make sure your sound driver and buffer settings aren't the cause of display sluggishness, using DirectSound with high buffer values will do that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:03:46 by raina »

Kmuland

• Milkytracker Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 15:38:02 »

An old problem/feature request....
milkytracker does not vync the pattern movement with the refresh rate.

some trackers support that feature but at moment its not implemented into milky.
I tried also with 60hZ refrehs rate in my monitor.. but milky pattern movement is also below that, so you will notice these "jumps" when pattern flows

As raina sais.. the only solution is set pattern scrolling (pattern to end)

Bugsan

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 19:24:11 »

Thanks for your quick replies.

I tried lower resolutions like you suggested, but with little/no results, so i tried the "pattern to end" option and that was alot better. Not what i'm used to, but it is a compromise.

Thanks again guys, hope to see this fixed or implemented in future versions.

/Bugsan
Pages: [1]   Go Up