Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [fixed] Possible bugs in Milkytracker 0.90.80  (Read 7254 times)

DasKreestof

• View Profile
[fixed] Possible bugs in Milkytracker 0.90.80
« on: December 06, 2008, 18:22:08 »

1. In the instrument editor, the swap function is unresponsive.  From that screen I am unable to select instruments or samples, but the cancel button does function and allows me to move back. I went back and checked it in version 0.90.60 and it worked OK. Put 0.90.80 back in and got the same results. :(

2. From the instrument editor, if using the internal browser, if you select save instrument the result is difficult to describe.  Part of the windows is overdrawn with the contents of the internal browser window, but the rest of the window is not. (ie other buttons and control) What is displayed is what's actually shown on the screen, so pressing on an empty space on the lower right hand side will provide you with an exit function, etc. 
What is on the screen is an instrument list, sample list, keyboard in the middle with a keypad and some remnants of whatever wasn't drawn over in the lower half of the screen.  When exiting this screen, the screen displayed is not the one you're interacting with. If you change screens a few times, you will eventually see the screen you're interacting with.
When I went back to version 0.90.60 I believe I replicated the error using the internal browser.
The workaround is to use the external browser, but of course that does not allow the selection of deeper subfolders.

3. And this is no big deal. If I have milkytracker running, and turn of my PocketPC, when I turn it back on Milkytracker won't play.  I assume this is a Windows Mobile audio driver issue.  The obvious workaround is to close milkytracker everytime I shutdown the pocket PC for a few minutes to save power.

I have deleted and recreated my milkytracker config file to see if that would fix the problem.

I LOVE Milkytracker. Because of it I don't ever want to live without a PocketPC again.

Information about my environment in case that helps.

IPAQ 2750 running Windows Mobil 2003 Second edition
Processor PXa270 Memory 128MB || 4.60mb storage free, 16.87 program free.
Milkytracker runs off my SD card. The SD card has 6.13 megabyte free
Only other program running is File Explorer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 13:05:40 by pailes »

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bugs in Milkytracker 0.90.80
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 13:00:09 »

Did you check if those problems also appear in the desktop version of MilkyTracker? Anyways, I will check and report back. Probably those issues are already gone, I've been fixing a lot of things since the last release but I can't remember every single one of them.

EDIT:
Okay I can confirm that the first two issues are still present. I will fix them asap.

EDIT 2:
Bugs fixed. The third does not happen on my devices. Therefore I hardly doubt I can do anything about it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 20:19:06 by pailes »

DasKreestof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 05:43:40 »

The problems were unique to the PocketPC version.
Thank you very much for fixing them.  I look forward to the next release!

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 20:33:37 »

I can confirm the 3rd issue on my iPAQ 3660. It doesn't happen with MilkyPlay if you first pause playback and then power off but since the sound system never stops in MilkyTracker, there's nothing you can do.

DasKreestof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:29:22 »

Luckily the third issue is easy to work around.
I'm also a milkyplay user and you're right it doesn't exhibit the same issue. As you point out it's a different beast and by it's nature as an always ready to go audio app, this minor issue probably can't be resolved in Milkytracker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up