Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trying to get volume changes to take effect  (Read 3704 times)

devin

• New User
    • View Profile
trying to get volume changes to take effect
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:14 »

Howdy, I've been trying for too long to get volume changes from the instrument editor to take effect.   Pan and Ftune changes made with sliders work but changing the volume slider has no effect for this particular instrument.  Other instruments will let me adjust the volume, so I figure there is a command or setting somewhere in this instrument or sample that is overriding this.
I tried the following and was only able to change the volume for that particular pattern, regardless of shift,cltrl or alt -v.
D.

Select the sample you want, click Ins. Ed. and adjust the volume on the right, next to the Exit button. Note that any volume commands on the pattern will override this setting.

If that's happening for you, you can use the Ctrl/Alt/Shift/-V shortcuts to scale volume commands per pattern, selection or track respectively. Or, if you're not using the volume envelope for anything else, you can set up a constant volume, which the volume commands can't touch.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:30:22 by devin »

TraumFlug

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: trying to get volume changes to take effect
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:33:11 »

what's the problem? have you read and understood what you're citing?

if you're having notes there without any volume-collumn of fx collumn volume _set_ effect, that won't respond to the instrument volume (btw, you can set it _per sample_, maybe you've selected the wrong sample slot when changing the value), you might have found a bug  ;D

I found it useful, if I want to lower (or raise, if possible and the sample is not clipping) an instrument in the whole tune without having to recalc all volume commands/effects, to use the sample editor and (de)amplify the sample(s).
Pages: [1]   Go Up