Community > Project / Coder's Corner

How wav is stored in XM

(1/2) > >>

zenon:
Hi all, for my XM development purpose I wish to know how a wave is stored in xm standards.

I ready several specs but I'm not sure what I do is right.

Is it right if I encode entire (header includer) wav with delta encoding and put in into sample data?

May I follow the little code sample here at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_encoding ?

And just one last question, does it works even for a stereo sample or I have first to split channels?

Thanks in advance :)

Saga Musix:
Why do you ask again? If my previous explanation was unclear, please tell me. Or are you just oblivious? :P

zenon:
lol !

I didn't want to bother always you, these days I haven't got my development software so I'm feeling a bit nervous and I'm collecting as many info as I can... ;D
This time I wasn't sure if I must do the split channel job only for the for unofficial stereo addon you told me in the other forum or in general for any stereo sample I must put on xm.

Saga Musix:
When using stereo samples, the channels are stored separately, meaning that you first completely delta-encode the left channel, and then you do the same thing with the right channel and put it after the left channel.

raina:
...stereo samples shouldn't really go in XMs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version