Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know the modules that goes PING!?  (Read 5346 times)

billybobby

• New User
    • View Profile
Anyone know the modules that goes PING!?
« on: June 09, 2009, 19:29:54 »

This must have been back in the mid 90s - around 1996-1997 when I had this module.

I remember it starts off with a voiceover "And i think its fair to say that anyone who lands on an aircraft carrier is mentally unstable" followed by "let there be light".

Then the song gets underway, and throughout there is a repeated theme "That's the machine that goes... PING!" then echo/effects on "Ping" for the next few measures.

I remember it being really popular at our high school but can't remember what the module was called!! Anyone know of this, or have it?

The VidKid

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know the modules that goes PING!?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 14:16:03 »

Could the sample for "It's The Machine That Goes PING" have possibly come from Monty Python's Miracle of Birth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHdF1eHhgc

Watch the whole clip and see if that is where it's from and/or if anything else in it will help us find your mod song.

billybobby

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 00:17:44 »

Is it, yes! It has samples of "That's the machine that goes ping" (and the ping noise) and the "still alive" from the next line, as well as the administrator saying "This is my favourite!" Not sure where the aircraft carrier opening came from. The mod was originally called MontyMix i think.

acheron

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:52:50 »

I've never heard this MOD before, but apparently I'm listening to it right now. :) (I didn't recognize the aircraft carrier line as a Monty Python quote, so I Googled it and this thread is the first hit...! Strange but true.)

MOD internal name: loony2
Filename: EQUA1.MOD
MOD Archive link: uhhh.. can't find it in the archive and don't have time to add it to the catalogue, but it's attached. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up