Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Effect column value interpolation, can it be done?  (Read 5027 times)

a-i

• New User
    • View Profile
Effect column value interpolation, can it be done?
« on: October 11, 2011, 22:13:13 »

Hello there,

I'm new to Milkytracker, but I've spend my whole youth using FT2.

Is it possible to interpolate the values in the effect column like it was in FT2? What I want to do is to set the first row of the effect column to something like 101 and the last to something like 1FF, and then select the whole column and click ctrl+I or shift+I or whatever to have it automatically filled. Like this.

In this example it would be easy to do it by hand, but as the values and lengths get more odd it would be annoyingly tedious work.

As Milkytracker is supposed to be a FT2 clone, I think this should be doable. But how?

Thanks in advance,

Aki Latvamäki // http://latvamaki.bandcamp.com

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Effect column value interpolation, can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:24:05 »

It is possible and it works just as you describe. Select anything and hit Shift-I (in FT2 mode) or Ctrl-I (in Milky mode) and the selection values will be interpolated.

In addition to this, in FT2 mode you also have the volume scaling feature, accessible with Ctrl/Alt/Shift-V.

a-i

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Effect column value interpolation, can it be done?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:32:08 »

Wow. Now it actually works. And I tried everything... I spent like 15 minutes trying to do it, changing the config between ft2 and milky... I even tried it once again just now and took a screenshot from what happened, which is here:

At first it just filled the whole selection with A00. And when retrying I deleted the created A00s and suddenly - it worked. There's something weird going on in there, but atleast now I got it done.

Thank you for the support.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and opening the project I was actually working on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up